Listener Question – When Does it Make Sense to Buy a Mailing List or List of Leads?
Buy vs Build is one of the most common questions facing business leaders today. Jordan, a listener in Texas, asks when does it make sense to purchase a list?
This week on the Catalyst Sale podcast we discuss how to create a list when prospecting, as well as how to improve your success when buying a list from many of the services that are out in the marketplace.
The question sparks an additional discussion around buy vs build in general. When we consider buying vs building, the key factors that play into the decision are time and budget. Risk, experience, and opportunity costs also play a role in this discussion. Listen to this week’s podcast, and share your comments with us via twitter.
- When does it make sense to buy a list vs building a list?
- What factors do we consider when it comes to buying vs building a list?
- What are the risks with either approach?
- How does Catalyst Sale evaluate lists?
- Whether buying or building – make sure you take the time to test.
- Identify your buyers and influencers before investing resources. Who is the buyer? What are their roles?
- Create the list based on what you know about the company/market you are targeting.
- It may make sense to buy in an environment when your expertise is lacking, time is critical, cost/benefit analysis supports the investment, the budget is available.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast – thank you for helping us get the message out to the community.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
You can find us via LinkedIn, Twitter, & The Catalyst Sale Website on the links below
Enjoy our blog and podcast?
Submit a reviewfor Catalyst Sale Podcast via iTunes,Google Play , or
your favourite podcast platform.Ratings and others help disover
Share this Post