The Fundamentals in Sales are Fundamental
Zig Ziglar is known for a number of things, including the foundational sales skills he shared with others. How have the fundamental skills changed or evolved over time? Have they, or are we simply repackaging many of the same old concepts?
Here are some notable Zig Ziglar quotes.
- Your Attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your Altitude – Ziglar
- You can have anything you want in life if you help others get what they want in life – Ziglar
- If you can dream it, you can achieve it – Ziglar
We discussed Zig and the fundamentals in the above podcast – here are some of the questions addressed
- How do the timeless classics impact development today?
- How important is it to look back to the fundamentals of selling?
- How did you cut your teeth in sales?
- Who are the new leaders in this type of content?
- Community Question – who do you recommend?
- Give proper credit
- If you do not go back and sharpen the saw, you increase your risk
- Refer back to the timeless classics as a method to sharpen the saw & stir the paint
- Ask the leaders in your organization for their thoughts on the fundamentals that have helped them get to where they are today. Ask them for their story.
- Zig would not take 100K for his cassette player if he could not replace it – what are some of the things you would not give up for 100K, if you could not replace them?
- Don’t just look at the data – ask your team questions
- Conceive, Believe, Achieve
Thank you for sharing this episode. If you like what you heard, please provide a rating and/or review via Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app.
- Hardcore History
- Beyond Selling Value
- Zig Ziglar
- Brian Tracy
- Seth Godin (Startup School podcast)
- Lee Cockerell
- Tim Ferris – Cal Fussman (Power of Listening)
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.