Is Your Process Slowing your Progress or Improving Performance?
Process supports scalability and execution. An effective process is important when creating predictable growth. Lack of process usually results in higher risk, confusion, and inconsistency. An ineffective process creates waste.
This week on the Catalyst Sale podcast we discuss how process potentially prevents or limits progress. We also discuss how process for the sake of process may be driven by ego or a lack of understanding.
Evaluating process is a requirement for leadership. Evaluation requires and understanding of the why behind the process, understanding of the role, understanding of the expected outcomes, and an understanding of what has changed. The what’s changed could be technology, team mix, customer expectations, etc.
Questions for Consideration
- What if a rep/team member challenges you on a current process?
- Constantly ask yourself – why are we doing this?
- Where Can I Improve?
- Is this process for you, or is it for the benefit of the team/organization?
- When is the last time you evaluated your current process to determine if it is yield expected results?
- This is how we have always done it – should not be your fall back.
- Create a culture where asking questions is expected – your team should trust you, you should trust your team.
- When establishing process, begin with the end in mind & establish guideposts. Give your team the flexibility, the creativity to work within the guideposts.
- Leverage the strength and experience of your team. We are smarter than me – Barry Libert and Jon Spector
- Process for the sake of process stifles creativity, and may take the focus of the team away from the things that really matter.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast – thank you for helping us get the message out to the community.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
You can find us via LinkedIn, Twitter, & The Catalyst Sale Website on the links below
Enjoy our blog and podcast?
Submit a reviewfor Catalyst Sale Podcast via iTunes,Google Play , or
your favourite podcast platform.Ratings and others help disover
Share this Post